venerdì 15 maggio 2009

Appcrash Outlook.exe

This is not a Unified Communications post but describes a nasty problem I solved with the help of a colleague. I could find no resolution on the Internet so hope fully it may help you. Quite suddenly last Sunday my Microsoft Outlook would crash every time it tried to send or receive mail

My OS is Microsoft Vista Home Edition
I'm using Microsoft Office 2007 standard edition

Here's the error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version:12.0.6423.1000
Application timestamp:49b08185
Fault Module Name: outlmime.dll
Fault Module version: 12.0.6423.1000
Fault module timestamp: 49b08071
Exception code: c0000005
Exception offset: 00019a59
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1040

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1040
Brand: Office12Crash
skulid: 1040

So with the help of a colleague I did the following

Opened the email options in the control panel, you can do this by searching for Outlook when you have opened the control panel.

Click on profiles

Add a new profie eg. user2

Now add the connections to your email accounts from ISP or the company including your email name and passwords as required

When you have done, it's very important to click on the option for outlook to ask you which profile you want to use when you start Outlook.

Now launch Outlook and select your new profile.

Once loaded click on Tools and then Options. go to Mail configuration and then to data files.

Insert all the data files you were using with the original profile.

Check that in Outlook you can now see all the files as in your original version. You can at this time do a send and receive to check that all is working OK.

I kept both profiles for about 2 days, once I was completely satisfied I had everything set up correctly I removed the defective profile.

I was in touch with Microsoft support and they confirmed that this is an effective work around to the problem.

2 commenti:

  1. thank you so much, it works.


    rgds,

    Edwin

    RispondiElimina
  2. For me exist only some utilities for solving troubles. It happened because one day I tried approximately 20 softwares for resolving my trouble and no one of theirs didn't aid me. I was disappointed and chose the first tool, which I had seen. It was good and probably would be helpful in this situation also - convert .ost file.

    RispondiElimina